Below are the instructions on how to register for a WordPress account to submit your question to TLQ.
Step 1: Click on the REGISTER Link in the TLQ TOOLBAR section of sidebar 1
Step 2: Create a User Name and fill in your email address
Step 3: An email will be sent to the address you provided which will contain the following information: (Please make sure to check your SPAM folder if you don’t see the registration email sent right away)
Username: The Username you chose
Password: A WordPress generated password
Click on the link provided “http://www.thelesbianquestion.com/wp-login.php” to log in with your user name and provided password. The screen should look like the one below:
Step 4: Once you have logged in with your username and wordpress generated password you will see the screen below:
There will be a box highlighted in red reminding you that you logged on with an auto generated account and it will ask you if you want to change it. PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD at this time to something you will remember. Click on “YES, take me to my profile page” to create your new password. Once at the new page type your new password in twice in the designated areas and click on the UPDATE PROFILE button at the bottom left hand side of the screen.
Your Profile Page is also where you can upload a photo of yourself, chose what profile information you want to make public to the TLQ readers, and add some general information about yourself.
Step 5: Click on the DASHBOARD link on the upper left hand corner of this page as seen below:
The Dashboard is where you will land when you log in to TLQ from now on. From here you can Post, change your settings, and take a peek at the behind the scenes of a WordPress blog!
Step 6 How To Post Something on TLQ: From the DASHBOARD page click on POSTS, you can find this link on the upper left hand corner of the DASHBOARD. Once you click on it you will be taken to the page below:
Now click on ADD NEW (See the red arrow pointing to it above)
Step 7: Once you click ADD NEW you will be directed to the following page:
This page is where you will do the following:
- Add a title to your post
- Type out the body of your post. (Your Question)
- Chose from the list of categories that may pertain to your question
- And when your post is edited and ready to go you will click on the SUBMIT FOR REVIEW BUTTON*.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not click on the SUBMIT FOR REVIEW BUTTON your post will remain a draft post and will not be published on TLQ. All drafts are deleted from the queue 30 days from when they are first created.
There should be no reason for you to modify anything below the point of the above screen shot in your post. Once you Submit your post for review it will be added to the TLQ queue for Admin review and then published live on The Lesbian Question main page!
*TLQ has the right to edit your posts for spelling and grammatical errors. There’s nothing worse than a post that’s hard to read do to misspellings and run on sentences. That said we will try our best to leave your questions as intact as possible.
1. I submitted my question to TLQ but haven’t seen it published on the TLQ main page yet, why? TLQ receives 1-10 questions a day. In order to make sure each question gets ample time on the TLQ main page we limit posts to 1-3 a day. TLQ asks that you allow 1-60 days to see your post on the main page. If you haven’t seen it posted by then please feel free to contact us for more details. During the time your waiting for your question to appear please do what you can to provide advice to those in need.
2. Is the email address I provided when I registered displayed in my profile? No. Your email address is not visible to anyone but you and TLQ does not share the email addresses of registered users.
3. Do I have to provide an email address when I comment on a post? Yes, it helps us avoid SPAM comments.
4. Who do I contact for to advertise on TLQ? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions please contact us at email@example.com